Sunday, August 02, 2009

Zambian Safari

 
So the highlight was seeing the lions eat a zebra. Though, admittedly it was a bit traumatic for the kids. Darian didn't know how to process and kept saying "zebra poop." That night as well for the first time ever he woke up in the middle of the night scared, saying "hippo scared" "zebra" "lion." The hippos outside of our lodge make some pretty scary noises at night so I don't blame him for being scared.
 
The scariest part of the safari for me was this elephant that almost charged us.
 

 
We saw wild dogs surrounding a warthog, which is extremely rare. They were amazingly scrappy little creatures, and apparently also good hunters as well.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

LilMisfit said...

I loved all of these recent post and pictures! I just can't believe all of the amazing, beautiful, cool things that you guys get to do over there! Your children are so adorable! And how fun that your parents came to visit. Thanks for posting... I always read along!

--Jamie

Anonymous said...

haha, i'm laughing how Darian just kept saying "zebra poop" to process it all. thats funny.

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

That's awesome that your parents came to visit. Looks like you guys all had an amazing time. I can't believe how big the boys are! Cody has some crazy stories of Hippos at night in their camps. Who knew Hippos could be one of the scariest things on an African safari?!

Heather said...

i love that your favorite milestones involve bribery. i miss you and those cute boys.

Heather said...

i love that your favorite milestones involve bribery. i miss you and those cute boys.

Unknown said...

Man, your parents are amazing travelers! Looks like you had a wonderful time. Keep posting!! xx Tanya