Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Before and After House Pictures

Against our better judgement and most people's recommendations, we bought a "fixer-upper" house last year in June. Its a historic home (1898) on the Provo Historic Registry and needed a lot of work. We wanted to preserve its historic character but also update it and open it up a little. So, after two months of planning and 8 months of renovations . . . its finally finished and we are moved in. So, first I post the before pictures. And soon... the after.









These were two odd little hobbit sized rooms off of the upstairs. They weren't insulated and one of them had a furnace in it.

These were one of our favorite house features. Door knobs made by the same person who made the knobs at the Provo Tabernacle.


Lovely baby blue.




Cool old staircase. A little broken.










Cool old fireplace.

















6 comments:

Heather said...

Love the door knobs! Can't wait to see the after pictures. Of course, it can't compete with my early 90's popcorn ceiling here in Santa Monica. Or my formica counter tops. :)

shayna said...

The suspense is killing me.

Chelsea said...

You are so mean! I need AFTER pictures now! :)

Tony said...

Looking forward to seeing the after pictures. Great house!

Sunny said...

I can't wait to see what you've done with the place. Maybe you'll be around next week and we can take a grand tour? I would really love that.

Joe Friend said...

I never imagined that your love for the Kreepy Krawler would drive you to buy its cross-town cousin and fix it up. I hope your contractor was better than the person who built the addition onto the Kreepy...

But seriously, I can't wait to see the after pictures either.