Sunday, February 13, 2011
Lesson Time and Soccer
These days Kian is learning how to read. Lesson time includes, depending on Kian's mood, a bit of whining, slight excitement (because everytime he reads a sentence he gets a candy/fruit snack), or eagerness to finish his lesson so he can do whatever activity I've promised him after he finishes his lesson. He's actually getting very good at reading. He reads one page stories and is able to write quite a bit. He's also learning adding and subtracting (though he doesn't love the subtracting). Darian usually hides behind the fridge during the lesson or plays on my phone.
Kian also had his first season of "futsol" (indoor soccer) this year. He actually really loved it and was pretty good. In my favorite moment of the season, in his last game, he helped the Timpanogas team beat Wasatch by scoring two goals. One of them, I must admit was awesome. The first one he just snuck into the goal while he was in the goal box. I almost thought it shouldn't count (and trying to not be "one of those soccer moms" made a comment to a Wasatch dad sitting next to me that maybe that shouldn't even have counted. The second goal though, was awesome. He took the ball from the other side of the court and dribbled it all the way to the goal and shot it straight in. I tried to not go crazy but I was so proud. Darian and Lucia are really cute when watching too--they take turns cheering for Kian and Cyra.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment