Sunday, January 30, 2011

Interview with Kian (5) and Darian (3)

Kian:
1. What is the most amazing thing about you?
That I like to do the hula dance.
Darian
2. Tell me about the best teacher you ever had?
First response: Mrs. Miller (Kian’s teacher). Mrs. Madge (his preschool teacher.
Kian
3. If a genie would give you only one wish, which would you pick, and why?
I would ask to never have to clean my room and it was always clean.
Darian
4. When you feel sad, what cheers you up?
Dad. And mom. Because mom always flying baby with me, and dad always wrestles with me and he always . . . . “done”
Kian
5. What are the qualities that make a good friend?
Because I play with my friends. And because I love my dad and mom. And because I love them so much that I don’t want them to go. Ok that’s it.
Kian again (Darian went down to get bread to eat as a snack)
6. Tell me about your favorite toy when you were little?
I didn’t have a favorite toy.
Kian
7. What do you say to comfort yourself when something scares you?
I sing songs. “We wish you a merry Christmas…” It makes me not scared because its so cold that the monsters don’t like it.
Darian
8. If you could decorate our whole house, what would it look like?
Christmas. (these boys are obsessed with Christmas)
Kian
9. What do you think are the characteristics that make a good parent?
If they do what I want them to do.
Darian
10. What is the most enjoyable thing our family has done together this year?
When I got presents. (I think he’s talking about Christmas)
Kian
11. What do you think is beyond the stars?
I don’t know. Just tell me another one. Mom, just come on. Starts singing twinkle twinkle star (then Darian starts singing with him)
Darian
12. What is the nicest thing a friend has ever done for you?
Give things to me.
Kian
13. Name two things we should do as a family this weekend.
Nothing
Kian
14. Why is it best to be honest?
Its obeying the rules.
Kian
15. What have you done, in school or sports or anywhere, that you are especially proud of?
I love swimming lessons. Its so cool that I do super man glides. I’m not proud of scoring goals in soccer (he says).
Darian
16. Have you ever had a dream that really scared you? What was it about?
Do a nice dream. He wants to describe a nice dream. I had a dream that Dad wrestled with me. Kian says he’s had a bad dream. There were people trying to shoot me with guns and they were Indians.
Kian
17. Have you ever gotten really lost? If so, tell me about it. How did you feel?
I never got lost, ever.
Darian
18. What is the grossest thing you can think of?
Eating bugs. Kian says beef jerky.
Darian
19. How old do you want to be when you get married?
16 pounds. I don’t know. Kian says no ask how fat I want to be. I want to be 300 pounds
Kian
20. Tell me three things you like about kindergarten.
I don’t know anything I like about kindergarten. I like my teacher. Recess. And groups. My teacher blows the whistles and we switch tables and there are toys at every table. We do this every day.
Darian
21. If you knew a friend of yours had stolen something, what would you do about it?
I would just give it away and tell him to give it back.
Kian
22. If you could trade lives with somebody you know, who would it be?
Daniel. Because he is the coolest kid I know.
Darian
23. What would you do if you were invisible for a day?
Turn into superman. I would kill everybody and kill every bad animal.
Kian
24. What is your very earliest memory as a very little kid?
I don’t remember anything. I remember I liked to bite my squishy toy.
Darian: when I was little I used to just shake toys.
Kian
25. Do you think any of our neighbors are scary?
Yes, he’s really old. And he bent his back and every time I see him I say hi I’m kian Baradaran Robison and he makes a funny face and I say you are so weird and I run away. And I go away.
Darian
26. Why do you think some people don't like animals?
Because they really don’t like them. Because they will hate them and they punsh them in the bum and then they run away and then the kill them.
Kian says, ask why people don’t like pigs. He says because they fart. And because they fart too bad and drink mud and eat bugs. Darian laughs. No they don’t.
Kian
27.What is your New Year's resolution this year? I want to love my family.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my goodness, that is so cute and funny. And thanks for finally posting some pics of re-done Millrace--so many memories.

The Jensen's said...

okay i will be using this idea one day...so cute

Justin said...

That was cute. I saw that article of you and your sister in the BYU magazine. Congrats

Oliver & Margy said...

This is so amazing. Your kids are darling. Hope you are doing well!