Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Hediyeh in Malawi!

 
Sure enough, after nine months in Malawi, someone came to visit. And we tried to give her the royal treatment. We took her to Salima (the lake) . . .
 

 
the safari beach lodge where she ate the best fish kebabs of her life (by the way, take a look at Darian's expression in this picture--its a mix between I'm working really hard so back off and Don't even think about taking this pool cleaner away from me) . . .
 
and to Kumbali village, a cultural center that has Malawian music on weekend mornings and lets you cart your kids around in wheelbarrows, pioneer-style. It is an all you can eat breakfast, which is a mistake to start with. The breakfast consists of eggs, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, granola, yogurt, juice, toast, and this amazing Malawian tomato/onion sauce that makes you overeat each time. So together we ate at least a carton of eggs. We haven't been back since.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

hediyeh said...

great pictures! i miss you, the kids, and the lake already. have fun with mom and dad!

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

I'm so glad you finally got a visitor. Looks like a great vacation. Love the photo shoots of the boys. They are both so handsome! I like Kian's haircut, very summer weather appropriate.

Unknown said...

I know how it is to long for visitors!! The kids and you look wonderful. So glad to keep in touch thru your blog! Lots of love, Tanya