Sunday, January 25, 2009

My Sous-chef

 
Kian is my little sous-chef. He loves to help me cook whatever, whenever. It has come to the point that now he is offended when I try to cook something without his help.
 
He gets to reap the rewards of cooking by tasting and licking any bowls and spoons. He's actually gotten really good at it. Today he did the most annoying part of making rice krispie treats perfectly (mixing the marshmellows until they are completely melted--that always takes forever and I don't usually have the patience for it. Good thing Kian does).
 
Darian hasn't earned the title of sous-chef yet but if he doesn't break anything or harm himself or others while we are trying to cook, he gets bounteous praise.
 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Oliver & Margy said...

The boys are getting so big! And sometimes I wish I had a sous chef. Now I know, I'll just have to wait for a son. So cute.

familia Bybaran said...

So cute. Cyra is really into that too. She loves to help me cook and lick everything off the spoon.

Cute inauguration outfit. Where you on your way to a night club to celebrate?

Michelle said...

I haven't checked your blog for so long--awesome pictures. Your boys are so handsome. It sounds like you are having an amazing time there. Your legal work sounds far more interesting than what I'm doing!

Sunny said...

It looks like this is the place to comment. But I did want to talk about your cooking anyway. Kian is probably the real deal sous-chef since it sounds like you are quite a gourmet chef, making your very own tortillas and pumpkin pie from scratch. Go Shima and Kian.

I love the caption under Darian's picture.