Tuesday, August 26, 2008

the litte chicks: Tiger and Barney
 
So I was driving back from the airport and saw some people selling squash on the side of the road and had to stop. I soon realized that they were also selling little chicks and I was reminded of the little chicks Mehrsa and I had as pets when we were kids in Iran and I had to buy them.
 
Kian was thrilled and after a few days named them Tiger and Barney (without any help)
 
This is a scary shot. Darian of course loves these chicks as much as Kian but we are afraid that he will pull a "Lenny" (of mice and men) and squash the poor little chicks so we try to keep him away. Although I did have to pull one of the little chicks out of his grip already, luckily he was unmaimed and only a little nervous.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Carolina said...

This brings back so many memories of my childhood, too (does every child get little chicks?)! My little sister grew quite attached to one of our little chicks and carried it under her arm until it was a full-grown chicken, and then my dad sent it away to a beautiful "home for chickens."

Chelsea said...

Wow, that is so cute. Chicks are so sweet. How fast do they grow, because maybe I'll get one.

By the way, I think you guys are very brave to live in Malawi with two little kids. I barely made it on a trip to Idaho, let alone half-way across the world!

Thanks for posting the pictures and giving an update. Your boys are sooooo cute.

mahya said...

Be careful shima and have a good experience in Malawi.
say hello too jeff and kiss your boys :*

Sunny said...

I hope poor Darian never reads Of Mice and Men or forgets how much you guys call him Lenny.

hediyeh said...

I'm so glad we finally get to see pictures. I want more!

Jami said...

your kids are beautiful. i love those little chicks. keep in touch. devin and i love to see your pictures.

familia Bybaran said...

No to bring up a touchy subject, but do you still harbor some guilt for having stepped on your chick with high heeled shoes? That was awful.

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

Nice memory Mehrsa! So glad to see the pictures of your new home and new additions to your family. We also think you are both very brave and wish you all the best. We look forward to all updates and more pictures.